Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/18/09: Day 85: Antigua

I seem to have skipped a few days. What has been going on? Well…since we have a moment of free time here and there I have been trying to go to the gym. There was that setback early on with my shoulder (which I’ve mentioned) that has gone away big time. I try to stretch and concentrate on having good form more than I did. If you’ve been reading awhile or if you know me you know that putting on weight is entirely difficult for me. I think I started at about 190-192 when I got on (the scale was in kg so I can’t remember seeing a number in pounds…88.1kg). Right now I’m floating between 198 and 199.9. Once I saw the scale go to 200.4, but 199.9 has been the highest since then.

Food is everywhere on this ship. I was doing double breakfasts for awhile, but I usually wake up around 11am now. So NOW I’m doing those muscle powder things using a plan I read about in a magazine article. Whey protein, casein protein, BCAAs and creatine. I’ve only done it for about three days so far…since New York. No huge results. The problem with it is the shakes are designed to be taken based on a 9-5 schedule. One before breakfast is ok, but I’m eating smaller breakfasts because the shake is filling. One pre-workout, but I have to workout further past lunch or else I’m too full with the shake…plus there is an after workout shake. So, the hardest part is always feeling a little full in that gross way.

Anywho…BORING.

I finished reading the Complete Idiot’s Guide to 2012. A very interesting read. I recommend it if you want more info on Mayan and other cultures’ take on 2012 from multiple sources.

Also, Mike is leaving us on 1/25 and will be replaced by Ryan Archibald, so that will be a fun little change up.

Other than that, today is Deanna’s birthday! We went to a nice beach in Antigua, had some great food, and came back to the ship. We then went to Jane L. Powell’s (the Chocolate Goddess of Love) show. Deanna has really gotten to know them better on this cruise…I kind of have. Her hanging out with them usually works like this: Deanna says “I’m going to go up and get some hot water for tea.” About an hour later I decide that’s too long for water and find her giggling the night away with Jane.

We were around the third row at Jane’s show and in between songs she started a conversation with Deanna and said happy birthday. It was great. Somewhere else in the show Jane sang happy birthday…I got most of it on video. We then had dinner as a full cast and headed back to our room to catch the last 9 minutes of the Steelers/Ravens game. Go Steelers!

No comments: