Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1/14/09: Day 81: New York

Lost a big chunk of crew today. Not in a bad way, just in an “a lot of crew reached the end of their contracts” way. Since they had to go through immigration and get off the ship it meant delays for all of the crew looking to go into the city.

I think we got off around 11:30. It was 19 degrees out, which is nothing compared to the 4 degrees it was in Chicago, but still cold to us Caribbeaners.

Turns out that the expected 700 kids were more along the lines of 200…but I have seen some of the kids from last year. Only three that I recognize so far. One was the 14 year-old who kept hitting on the dancers in the bar and when we had him kicked out he tried to say he was 18…he looked 12.

More on those kids if I see more. I think we’re safe though. I’ll keep an eye on other blogs to see if someone else got ‘em.

No comments: