Sunday, January 11, 2009

1/11/09: Day 78: Tortola

Supposedly. We were only in Tortola from 8:00am-12pm…and it was Sunday and raining. Sunday means not a lot is open…supposedly. I say supposedly because I got up in time to catch the tail end of breakfast. Deanna got up early to got out and about with Rochelle…girlfriend to Ruslan the bassist. I know this because I set my alarm for Deanna to wake up. Then Deanna tried to quietly get ready. Then Deanna left. Then Rochelle called for Deanna and Deanna wasn’t there. Then Deanna came back and was being very quiet for my benefit again. Then Deanna left…and turned the lights on as she did so. She didn’t realize she did, so it made it even more funny later on after I was awake.

Other than that, not much different. OH! There is one thing from a couple of days ago. There was an old man who saw me and said he loved the show and then, like a lot of people tend to do, gave me a “good line for the show.” He said, “When someone comes up to you and says ‘Do you play basketball?’…because you’re tall, you turn to them and say ‘Do you play miniature golf?’” He then talked a little more about liking our show and ended the conversation with “anyway…do you play basketball?” So I hit him with the mini golf line and he said “Ha ha. You can put that in your show!”

A day or two later he was at a table next to me outside but I didn’t see him. I was watching one of the football games when I heard from the table “Do you play basketball?” I hit him with the mini golf line with no hesitation. He got a big smile and said “that was a rehearsal!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool. - jc

goody said...

I love that old man.

Hi, Rance and Deanna!