Friday, October 03, 2008

Sports...Not Sportz

If you live in Chicago you know about the Cubs and the Sox. There was a lot of talk about "magic numbers" and such. Well, I barely follow baseball. I check on the cubs games anytime I need to travel through/near Wrigley Field.

I HAVE been privy to the Trail Blazers though. They won in '76. I know because everyone was listening to the game on their radios...at least our red VW Bug and the car that hit us/we hit. Not too terrible of an accident. I was young, but I remember it knocked one of the shiny chrome hub caps off and I saw it rolling around out the window. Oddly enough, that is the only memory I can think of with that car.

I digress. Trail Blazers...they drive me nuts. Not so much them, but the fans. A.K.A. Blazer Belivers. If you don't follow sports like I don't follow sports you kind of get a sense for whether a team will actually pull through. The Blazers made it to the playoffs or finals a few times, but I knew they wouldn't win. I was right.

Now the cubs are in the playoffs. It is exactly 100 years since they won the world series. Everyone is excited and extremely superstitious.

I gotta tell you...I'm not feeling it. I haven't the whole year. And what happens? They have lost their first two play-off games.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't mind sports...it's the fans. I can chose to watch or not watch sports. Easy choice. What's harder is being around the people who talk about it constantly, especially at this time of year when "they could go all the way."

I read a lot of different friend's blogs and there are about 4 that I just sort of skim through now 'cause it's all cubs stuff.

22 days.

Also, I did my last ComedySportz remote last night. Did I mention I'm stopping CSz? I am. It is time. Will I do it again when we finish doign boats? Who knows. I don't think so, but who knows where we and things will be.

No comments: