Saturday, October 11, 2008

2 Weeks!

Before it turns into tomorrow I thought that I should post about the journey. TWO WEEKS! I checked my emails from last year and saw that we received our scripts 13 days before our departure date...so any day now.

Last night I had my last ComedySportz show with Deanna. We still both have shows next week...just not with each other. Before that show I sat in for someone in the 8pm show. Half to more-than-half of the audience was a tour group of seniors (old people...not 12th graders). Every CSz show has a half-time that lasts about 5-10 minutes. In that show we had said half-time and came back. Pretty much as soon as the second half started every one of the seniors got up and started heading out. The ref and captains were on stage talking about what the first game of the half would be as they always do in the show.

I was on the bench thinking "we have to call this out or wait for it, guys...50 seniors walking out at the same time is going to catch a few eyes." As that was happening, one of the ladies who liked our team and who I had high-fived came over to me on the bench and said "We love the show. We've been going since really early and we're tired. Everyone just wants to go back to the hotel and sleep." So, I stood up, filled in the rest of the audience on the news, and solicited a round of applause for them for at least coming out. Distraction averted. At the end of the show one man said "a the remaining old person in the theater I'd like to tell you you guys did a great show."

Next Friday marks my final CSz show and my last beatbox show as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good work Lance Risotto!
Can you imagine the assumption everyone was making before you called out the situation?!?