Saturday, October 18, 2008

The "One Week" Mark

Here we are. One week.

The nice thing about this time out on the ships is our flight leaves at 4:30 in the afternoon. So we can sleep normally, get ready, and head out.

Last time our flight left aroudn 4:30 or so...in the morning. I remember getting there and we all decided to check our bags with the sky cab so they would go through faster. There were two guys. Everyone in the cast managed to make it through with one guy while I was helped by the old guy. Let's just say service wasn't speedy.

Shows last night were fun. Crowds were a little lighter than I had hoped, but fun all the same. My secret plan was that if the crowd was rockin' and someone seemed super into it I was going to take the "sports genre" to the next level and throw my jersey to them. I have both of my jerseys still.

Here's a secret game I would play while at ComedySportz to keep players on their toes, and possibly in their heads. If it is a rhyming game or some fast paced talking game, before we start I would whisper in someone from the other team's ear "Don't say AIDS." Or if it was someone next to me in a rap game I might whisper "Don't say SIDS" and then set them up to rhyme the word "kids."

It's psychology. That's all they would think about and they would either fight past it or crumple in confusion at not being able to think of anything else. My favorite time this happened was a game called worlds worst where you try to show the worlds worst thing to do or say in a situation based on the suggestion. We were in an auditorium on a remote and the sound was really echo-y. The suggestion was "teacher" or something...maybe not that. I told Josh "don't say AIDS." He was the first person to step forward and said "Look mom, I got A's!" As in "on my report card." All of the players, because of the echo, heard "Look mom, I got AIDS!"

I thought it was the boldest move to go up and be all "I'm not scared to say it."

Memories.

No comments: