Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let Us Go

So...a few things.

1) it was just snowing outside. I'm glad I got to at least see snow before we leave for "Warm Winter". I like snows.

2) As much as I like christmas music...and I think I like it a lot...it started on the radio on 11/1. C'mon. 11/1? These DJs are going to kill themselves if they have to fake warm holiday goodness that long. Every year I listen to that station all season long. I can't bring myself to stick to it this year...too early. You really blew it, radio.

3) In other news... Deanna and I purchased snorkeling equipment among other things today. I also got a new suitcase more designed to accomodate a suit, but not a garment bag. It is bright orange. I dare myself to not find it in an airport. I also scored big time in the "clothes for tall people" department.

Awhile ago I went to DSW (Discount Shoe Warehouse) to look for shoes. It is usually pretty tough to find shoes there because pretty much every brand only fits me if it is a 14, and they generally cut off at 13. When I first moved here I went there with some people from CSz and happened to find a pair of Addidas cross trainers that were 14s. Perfect! So perfect that I've had them for at least three years...probably four. This year they were looking pretty ratty so I went to DSW to look. Nothin'. We decide to try again today while we're out and about. Deanna finds about 5 different 14s. She is a shoe whisperer. I ended up getting a very comfortable pair of black show shoes to replace my rockports (that I've had for close to, if not over 10 years...since my Swagat days), a pair of nice brown shoes, and a pair of Ecco hip blue shoes. Major score.

I also got two pillows. The pillows I have now suck...they SUCK. I hate them. The funny thing about one of them is that it used to be Deanna's and I'd always try to steal it to sleep on. I have it now. And it sucks. It is flimsy...I think feathers...and it sucks. I consider it a paper pillow. The other one I have I only used to put under the paper pillow because I need more...but this thing has become more like a rock. And it sucks. I was telling Deanna as we were looking for pillows that I should get a sharp and jagged one so I could have "scissors" to complete my trilogy of awful pillows. I got two and will be trying them out tonight. Wish me luck.

We found out what sketches we'll be doing. We were sent a running order and most of the scripts. Some of the sketches that we didn't have scripts for yet are ship specific...written for/on the boats. I can't wait to find out more about those. I think I had two or three sketches that I was really hoping we would do. #1 on the list is a song called White Guys, and IT IS IN! I get to do it. It was on the mainstage at Second City not too long ago, and one of the two guys who originally did it is our director. Double bonus.

So, we're excited to get crankin'. We can pick up our hard copies of the scripts tomorrow.

I may be leaving something out, but that is bound to happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you left out your birthday! Hugs to you and the shoe whisperer. - jc (mom)