Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 14

Norwegian Jewel, Barbados. You might be thinking “Hey, ‘Norwegian Jewel’ seems like an odd name for a city.” Well, I didn’t get off the ship. We had a rehearsal scheduled for 2:30 and I wanted to chill out and drink water. Sounds like a real party, eh? I also needed to iron my show shirt so there was a huge 10 minutes out of my schedule.

We rehearsed and ironed a few more kinks out of our improv musical ending. This was sort of a new show for us because it had been 9 days since our first shows and we were changing the running order…we lost one sketch, changed an improv game and switched places of two sketches.

So today for me was pretty much all rehearsal and shows. We had a good 7:30 show and a great 9:30 show. The JARs saw our show for the first time since they’re finally done with their major rehearsing…some even managed to see for the second time as well in the same night. It’s nice to have them see what we do and not just have us be the strangers who keep trying to talk to them and congratulate them on shows they do.

Speaking of mingling. We just found out that we’re now allowed to go to the crew bar, crew store, and general crew areas. This is great because it makes it easier to get to know the other crew members. This means we have shiny name tags. Huzzah!

Since I didn’t really go anywhere today I’m also not really sure where we’re headed tomorrow off hand. Luckily there is a Freestyle Daily (the ship’s daily newsletter) that will tell us what is up.

One more note. We’ve had 5 days of anonymity…now we’re “Second City” or more likely “the comedy people.” It’s fun chatting up people after the shows…I hope it remains fun and doesn’t get creepy or stalkery. Stay tuned, dear readers!

No comments: