Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 4

Miami day. Mental note…don’t try to sleep in on disembarking day. There are announcements all morning as each “group” is called to leave. We met for breakfast and to leave. I think we got off around 11am. It was a long walk to get from the ship into town, but short enough to not cab it.

I found out where bayside mall was, holiday inn, and I heard rumors of Walgreens. I had some web work to do so I went straight for the internet access while most everyone else went to Walgreens. We then met up and headed to the mall. I needed to hit up an ATM. You should tip the room stewards every cruise, and to do that I needed cash. I went to take out $100…I got a receipt but no cash, AND we were in a time crunch. I called the number on the ATM and the recording said to take it up with my bank. The number on my bank card isn’t in numbers, but in an easy to remember letter combo like 800-THE-BANK…only my phone doesn’t have the standard letters on the numbers because it is designed for texting. So, I had to write out the phone pad because every time I tried to do it in my head I would get distracted. THEN I realized I added the ‘Q’ which offset the remaining letters by 1. I dialed three wrong numbers before narrowing it down. Once I got through the recording said all the operators were busy and just said call back. I was pissed. I remembered the moment because there is a scene where I am supposed to get really angry in our show. I will now think of the ATM during that scene. As we walked back I got through to my bank and all should be ok.

We had another rehearsal and we are going to meet to eat tonight.

This is a fresh group of passengers and the first group that will see us. We perform tomorrow and Tuesday.

Other things realized this week…Thanksgiving is this week. I’m on a ship in the Caribbean for thanksgiving. Just like the pilgrims.

No comments: