Tuesday, November 13, 2007

1 is the Dumbest Number

...because it is the number of full days until we leave, and because we're becoming dumb. Deanna can't find her debit card. I have no idea what I did with one of those zip up cd cases that has the DVDs I set aside specifically for the boats (Office, Arrested Development, etc).

Rehearsals have been great. Matt Craig is a great director. I think the thing I like the most is that he continually sees things from our side and keeps us in mind while still getting the show ready. Matt has done plenty around here. He has played for ETC and Mainstage (go to secondcity.com to figure out what those are if you don't know...family). He's played on the ships and I think he might have even directed a ship before. We might be his first ship that he has directed. Regardless, he has a great eye for the sketches and has helped me specifically with making different character choices in some points.

There are three things that go into your sketches in the beginning. You read them via script, you see them via DVD, and you make your own initial character choices. I tried to match the DVDs as much as I could and in some cases that was different than what he suggested.

We have our running order down pretty well. Today we worked on White Guys (a song) and our ending mostly. Tomorrow is our last rehearsal day and then we're on a plane at 6am Thursday.

Right now Joey is tracing his lineage back through time via ancestry.com. He's been on it since we got home.

No comments: