Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Habit Forming

At least I hope so. I don't have anything interesting to write about...I'm just writing to get in the habit of writing.

It is getting colder out here. 16 days until that isn't a problem anymore.

I just remembered that I need to pick up some pants I am getting alterred. While in Maine I went to the L.L. Bean outlet store and found some pants that hadn't been alterred yet. A major score for a guy my height. Normally stores with a minimum of moderately fashionable clothes don't carry sizes long enough for my arms or legs. The cut off is usually about an inch short of not looking odd. I have one pair of jeans that are long enough...one. They are a little baggy, AND they now have a grease stain on one knee (from changing the tire in a parking lot) that didn't come out. So...finding pants that are WAY too long is great.

I got inspired, photo-wise, by www.johnrussophoto.com. Celebrity shots. There is an article about him in this month's Rangefinder magazine.

We saw Joey in the Second City home show last night...and everyone else in his touring company (Seth, Robyn, Anthony, Lily). They have a great song about having only a certain amount of battery life left on your cellphone to last you until the next morning. I like the songs. Songs are pretty much sounds...and some of you know how I feel about sounds.

We saw Beth there (she hired us for the cruise ships) and she said our running order was being put together as we speak. "As we speak?" I said. Yes. She just emailed Matt Craig (ex-Second City Main Stage...currently in L.A.), who will be our director. A part of me would have loved scripts weeks ago. A bigger part of me doesn't want scripts until the last minute so I don't memorize it one way before getting director's notes. There are some scenes that I really like that I hope are in our running order...time will tell.

Gotta run. Need my pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, how DO you feel about sounds? - jc(mom)