Monday, October 15, 2007

Stop, Drop, and Roll'd

Remember that computer I talked about? The one that fell down the stair while we were moving? (I talked about that, right?) Deanna called me while I was in Maine to tell me it was covered. She also called me later from Italy to tell me it wasn't.

Our insurance only covered fire, theft and flood. I can't believe "moving" wasn't in there.

Tomorrow I plan on seeing how damaged it is. How will I do that? I'm back in Chicago, that's how. In exactly 30 days I'll be in Miami on a ship.

The cheaper(?) travel route to and from Maine seemed to be flying into Manchester, NH and renting a car. I think in the long run it was about the same price as a flight out of Bangor. Manchester is about 5 hours from Maine. Bangor is about 45 minutes away. Ah well. I was on the flight with the most bitchiest, loudest people. It wasn't the worst thing, just odd that everyone was so obnoxious. They were soon trumped by three girls on my 'L' ride home from the airport. You know in those old films where the old deaf people had those horns and always said "eh?" and then people would yell really loud so the deaf person could hear them? These girls were louder. And it was apparently their normal conversation volume.

Anywho. I'm back.

Also, The Assassin Game has started again. Don't remember if I mentioned it last year. A group of people play you get a target and you know someone else has you as a target. You can shoot them in the chest with a nerf dart or squirt gun, touch them in the chest with a spoon ("dagger"), or send them a letter that they have to be the opener of. I got killed by a letter bomb on a gig in Arizona last year.

This year there are 23 people playing. I don't have time to be one of the people, but a few of us had some ideas last year for some new things. This year I am a paramedic. If someone gets attacked and can get to me or one of the other two paramedics within 20 minutes of the attack, they're still in.

So, if you read this and you're an improvisor around town and people look shifty, this is why.

PS. just under half of the players are non-CSz people. Fun at iO!

No comments: