Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Deanna's Return Went Flat

Deanna is back! Deanna is back!

First a recap since the last post. Remember how I said I needed to update my phone? Well, they told me the process would take about 30 minutes. It took about 45. What happened during those 45 minutes? At the beginning of them, Sara was assassinated. She had 30 minutes to get to me. By the time my phone updated that 30 minute window had closed. Whoever got her couldn't have planned it better to avoid me.

Late Saturday I went to bed around 1:00am. I had 8 missed calls from around 2:00am on my phone when I woke up. I happen to know the assassin knew 80% that I'd not only be home, but that I'd be asleep.

Today...I was home (which is currently farther north than most people live) and not really planning on going anywhere. I decided to take some stuff south to our storage unit. Right as I got as south as I was going to make it, I got a call. Scot was attacked down town. I was 15 minutes away and in a car. He was saved. He couldn't have called at a better time for me that day.

Which brings us back to tonight. I go to pick up Deanna at the airport. I missed rehearsal because of it, but thought I would head down there secretly to save people. If I was there, people wouldn't attack. If I wasn't (but showed up unannounced) I could save people. Well, I get to the airport. I recall the car pulling a little to the right as I approached the parking lot.

Pick up Deanna. We go to the car. She looks at the front passenger tire and says "Rance, you can't drive the car like this." I assure her it wasn't like that (and by "that" I mean completely flat) when I left. So, I had to bust out the spare for the first time. The car fell off the jack once, but then all was well.

What did this mean? I wasn't going to go to CSz rehearsal to save people. I get called by Megan. She's toast.

Then I remember Kat talking about a conversation with Shad where he said "if there is a medic I would take out his car to get the kill". Did someone flatten my tire? Probably not...but that is how much people get into this game.

Anyhow...DEANNA IS BACK!

Three more weeks and we're on our way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how involved do people get in this game? any b+e's? thanks for coming to improv this year, rance. it was good to see y'all again.