Thursday, April 09, 2009

4/9/09: Day 166: Freeport

As you may have noticed, I added google ads to my blog. So, if all 10 of you click links every time you read, and I update frequently I’ll probably receive some money in 5 years or so. The fun thing is that it picks ads based on what is in the blog. Here is a test: I had a boss at CMD in Portland who was an Abraham Lincoln impersonator on the side. True story. If you don’t believe me check Ripley’s Believe it or Not. End test…oh wait: Tron.

Our Freeport stop is always brief. My typical morning on any day is waking up naturally around 10am and fake sleeping until 10:45 so I can hustle up and get an omelet before the breakfast buffet closes. Deanna is typically still in bed and now that she bought a shiny new iPod iTouch by Apple (another small test) she will play some games for awhile once she actually wakes up.

Today I woke up around 10:45. Deanna wasn’t next to me, she wasn’t in the office chair, and she wasn’t on the couch. She also wasn’t in the bathroom, yet I swore I just heard her moving around. Then I heard “Rance, close the curtains! There is a man outside the window!” On Freeport day the port is on our side of the ship and level with our window. Did I mention I heard Deanna’s voice coming from the floor? She had dropped to the ground and that sound was what probably woke me up.

In other news, Jet Li’s Tai Chi Master was on the crew channel today. Want to really warp your mind? Rent this movie. It is in Chinese originally, so set it to English Lanugage. AND…turn on the subtitles. That is how it was set up. Guess what? The dubbed English and the subtitles matched about 3% of the time. T’was bizarre.

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

Ah, yes. When we docked in Miami at 5:30a.m. I was on deck taking city shots. If I had a telephoto I would have got some bedroom shots of the ship we went by. Could have been interesting.