Tuesday, April 28, 2009

4/28/09: Day 185: Sea Day

This is the last sea day of the crossing. Nothing but ports from here on out. Ric and I lead a workshop today that was interesting. Well, it was our normal workshop, but the people in it were much more interested in performing or seeing us perform. When we got to our Q&A at the end the questions were along the lines of “Do a scene for us!” to which we replied that we would be doing a show later on in the cruise. Then “Okay. I’ll give you a suggestion and you two make up a song about it.” I felt like Gui (for those who get that).

Later on we did a fun Liar’s Club. Josh did it for the first time and the stories he made up to lead into the definitions were full of opportunities for side commentary. I don’t know if he found that fun, but it was fun for the rest of us. I was pretty tired from not catching up on sleep and there was a juggler on board that I was thinking of going to check out. At the last minute Deanna and I decided to go. Not going to it would have been the worst thing ever because it was The Skinny German Juggling Boy, Hilde.

I remember someone telling me about him before…Jen or Ben or someone. He was hilarious. His juggling was good, but his constant interaction with the audience and overly cheesy jokes were what got me. If I was still reffing at Csz I would have a ton of new bits. If you see me in person remind me to tell you about “the hand is quicker than the eye”, the magic disappearing cracker, and how to deal with a leaving audience member.

2 comments:

sis said...

Hey - be funny funny man! Dance monkey dance!

Tno said...

When will i see you in person....

and how do you deal with leaving an audience member?