Wednesday, April 29, 2009

4/29/09: Day 186: Ajaccio, Corsica

We were here last crossing. This town is famous for a few things: being the birthplace of Napoleon; technically being a part of France but hating that they’re a part of France; and having a city name that no one on the ship really seems confident about knowing if they’re pronouncing it right.

We pretty much just walked around and had coffee. We tried to get internet, but my computer wouldn’t connect. So, we sat there using our iTouches.

This is also the city where I got that necklace for my mom.

We’re starting to feel the difference in the ports now. On the other itinerary I was going to the gym every other day. Maybe getting out to see stuff, but mostly looking for internet in Merritt Square mall or at Nassau’s cyber cafĂ©. I haven’t been able to download hardly anything so far.

No we get up early to take advantage of the ports…especially the ones we’ll only see on the crossing. Which means we’re tired when we come back. I took a 30-40 minute nap around 6pm the other day and wasn’t able to get to sleep until around 3:00am. At least I’ve sort of adjusted. Some of the dancers still can’t fall asleep until 9:30am.

1 comment:

mom said...

I love that necklace! - mom