Sunday, April 26, 2009

4/26/09: Day 183: Cadiz, Spain

Cadiz is another place I haven’t been yet, so I was all set to just get out and walk around. Luckily they have walking tours with painted lines on the sidewalks to guide you through.

Deanna and I went to a Watch Tower and climbed to the top for the view. It reminded me of the video game Assassin’s Creed. Mostly because from up there you could see all the roof tops, AND they have a lot of towers. Part of the ticket price to get in included a tour via camera obscura. Sort of like a telescope, it lets light in through lenses and a mirror which gets focused on a big white dish in a dark room. By lifting or lower the dish the guide could focus on certain things near or far.

We also checked out an old Cathedral. Near this cathedral was a bar called MamaJuana that was hopping. Deanna and I had coffee at an outdoor café right near there. We saw a lot of crew, a homeless guy swearing at his clothes, and a guy tried to sell me a dog.

No comments: