Monday, September 08, 2008

Darrin Tyacke: The Follow Up

Awhile back I posted this. Just recently...out of the blue...it was commented on by none other than Darrin Tyacke (notice the corrected spelling).

A) I haven't heard from him in years, so that was fun. We didn't hang out much in High School...just Jr. High. Although I do remember driving out of some parking lot of some store in Tualatin and glancing in my review mirror to see him with who I assumed was his wife and 1-2 year old child.

B) If you read his post you'll notice he is even more like Hilary Clinton. He remembers conceeding that it was "Ted" just like she remembered dodging sniper fire. If only CNN were covering the D&D event so we could look at the tape. Oh well. Darrin, you are no Sarah Palin...and that's a good thing. Let's agree on that part, okay?

In other news. We are exactly one week away from moving out. We'll be staying with Rene until our departure on 10/25. When people move under normal circumstances they probably box everything up and maybe set aside a change of clothes, toiletries, and cleaning supplies. Well, we have to set aside everything we want to take on the ship...and my photography stuff for remaining headshot shoots. It is a little more complex.

I'll probably be updating more frequently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a good man Charlie Brown... err I mean... Rance! It was indeed too funny that I just happened to be Googling a friends name and decided to try Googling my own which turned up your blog post in early Sept. Big world made small! Now I'll hope your playful use of the "Ted Offensive" wasn’t meant to be hurtful (sniff sniff you know how sensitive we tree hugging Oregonians are hehe), and it definitely brought a smile thinking back to those goofy 7th & 8th grade days!

Teasing aside, I've shot ya an email at your studio Rance hoping to catch up with ya! Congrats on your comedy success, bummer you didn’t trash me on the blog sooner, i could’ve caught ya here in August!

And thank you for noticing I'm not a soccer mom wearing lipstick... aka Mrs. Palin ha-ha! Yes I'm a conservative at heart on many matters...but consider myself middle of the road these days and although undecided on this years political "rainbow sorbet" of issues and candidates it's shaping up to be a memorable one! Your candidate's looking strong... although Biden may trip him up some, worst case though Obama does have lots of appeal... if he had a little more experience it would be a slam dunk for a most the country I'm sure. Anyway... you'll be enjoying the captive audience on the cruise ship soon, sipping drinks with little umbrellas and day dreaming about how much fun you had in Mr. Garbodens class before you know it ha-ha! Hope the shows go well and if you run a ground, be sure to look for the dude who knows how to make a phone out of two coconuts and any chubby dude in a blue shirt and black captains hat!

But Rance you gotta promise to stop flinging Hillary comparisons at me ha-ha! Otherwise I'll start the bidding to your readers for some wild early Rance stories! Those size 20 Velcro sneakers of his have lots of good ones underfoot!!!

Have a safe trip and it's great to year from ya... even if it did come from the oddest of re-connective ways.

Darrin

Anonymous said...

only the Phantom knows how small the blog world really is - eee haa haa haa