Tuesday, September 30, 2008

26 days to go

Not much of note here. Last night I played Dungeons and Dragons for probably the 4th time in my life. Although this time was different because we'll be playing again in two weeks...continuing the adventure we left off on last night.

Normally it has been a patience tester. Darrin Tyacke...who you may remember from previous posts...was the DM (Dungeon Master) on that fateful "My Name Is Ted/Tex" day. At the end when we were all kind of getting bored he said "Tiamat attacks you." This was back when the D&D cartoon was on Saturday mornings and we all knew Tiamat was the five headed dragon.

Another time I played later in life Doug was falling asleep on the couch while we were setting up. to the point where we put lollypops in his pockets and, remember that really sour gum? Warheads I think? That sour gum had sour powder that would come off in each individually wrapped piece. We sprinkled some of that powder on his lips. When he woke up he did that weird lip smacking thing people do when they wake up to a taste that isn't normal. Hilarious. Trust me. And then towards the end of the game Doug and Aaron's characters fought each other and we called it a night.

So, that is what happened in my life that was exciting and different.

Still know scripts or running order, but those should be up in a week or so. Rehearsals start on the 19th I think.

It finally started getting cold. We had a pretty easy summer if I think about it. No days over 100 degrees. A lot of humid days, but a good share of not-humid days.

Oh, and I went to a birthday party for a one-year old. I'd like to thank all of my friends who went to my 1st birthday. It must have been an awesome and wild time because I don't remember it at all.

2 comments:

Tony Rizzutto said...

the sour powder trick had me laughing out loud. good trick. when I was in USMC bootcamp we did the hand in hot water bucket trick and the shave cream in hand - tickle nose trick. both worked great. - Dad

Anonymous said...

So the real question Rance... could you withstand the Tiamat attack again!!?

haha! Got your email a couple weeks back, shot you a page long reply...but to your photography address, hopefully it found it's way to ya.

Have a great trip!

Darrin

p.s. No casting fireballs on board!