Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Style Points

Tonight was JRB Bowling night...meaning, we went bowling. Not meaning, it's something we do every Monday. Chris found a place that is a bowling alley above an Ace Hardware. It's older and has paper scoring still.

We made the best of it. I brought a prize for best style that was won by Todd aka Wildcat aka Mildcat aka Future Past Wildcat.

I dressed for sports. I had a red T-shirt and a red #14 football jersey that I got at a thrift store. Add to that my black shorts, cubs hat, knee high ref-socks, and tear-away warm up pants...which are important.

In our second game I said the style points were awarded for finishing move and catch phrases. We all had nicknames at that point. I was Terd. Katie was "Coats" because she wore her coat the whole time. Her catch phrase as she would go up to bowl? "Okay, see you later guys." 'Cause she was always ready to leave with her coat on.

I was bowling with a 7 pound little kids ball. My fingers didn't fit, but I would palm it and give it some massive spin. In frame 3 I thought of an idea in my head for a finishing move that I would do if I got a strike or spare...tearing of my pants in one clean jerk. That frame, I got a spare. It went over pretty well...and it was a solid finishing move. I know, because it worked everytime. I got a spare or a strike in every frame except the 10th in that game with a grand total of 142...all with the 7 pound ball.

Unfortunately, I noticed that I also ripped the crotch out of the pants. Now they need mending. But it was worth it. I must have torn off my pants 8 or 9 times over the course of the night.











No comments: