Tuesday, October 03, 2006

'Ja Feel That?

It's not love...not magic...THAT, friends, is an EARTHQUAKE!

Tonight Larrance and Jen were back and we were doing a special Community Well show...where the second half is long form inspired by a guest.

We got ready, warmed up, and took the stage. Our very first game was Scene Tag. For this game each pairing of people gets a suggestion and the last line of dialogue from one pairing becomes the first line for the next. Suggestion getting went as follows:

JEN: For Mike and Deanna I need an occupation.
AUD: Hairstylist!
JEN: Great, hairstylist. Thanks. For Deanna and myself I need a country in Europe.
AUD: Holland!
JEN: Oooooo! Holland. Thank you very much. For Rance and I, how about a period in time.
AUD: Rennis...*EARTHQUAKE*

Right there before we even started playing the first game. Earthquake. It was short and sweet. It felt to me like a truck hit the building mildly. It started and stopped so soon that everyone was just aware enough to be chatty. It kind of threw us off for the night. Our scenes were good, but we were on edge.

There was an earthquake on Friday too. Something is brewing in Bar Harbor.

Mike and Jen were in the second game, Playwright, and they had the suggestion of "Earthquake". They were earthquake researchers.

I felt fine after the quake. It was minimal. During Playwright Deanna leaned over and whispered that she was on edge. I mentioned that I was fine...and then Larrance played some weird sound effects on the piano that sounded like an earthquake (for the scene) that made both Deanna and I jump. So, I wasn't totally fine.

So I've now done a show in an earthquake. Triple threat!

No comments: