Sunday, January 29, 2006

Day 6 of 10 (+?): Chicago-San Ramon, CA

After only one day off (Saturday) we're back together again and on our way to lovely San Ramon, CA. Back on the jet and hittin' the west. We left from an airport about 50 miles outside of Chicago. We started from this airport instead of a closer one so that we wouldn't have to land to refuel. The cool thing about this flight? It was my turn to watch the landing.

That's right. I stood right behind the pilots and watched the landing through the front windows. I'm the third one of the group to do this. It is pretty cool.

We land and hit a bump in our planning. The rental cars were left in the parking lot for us. The keys were left in the airport...the airport that closed 35 minutes before we landed. We lucked out in that there was a van cab waiting for a client to arrive at the airport...in three hours. Lucky. We head to our hotel...which was right next to a delicious Marie Callendar Restaurant. I've never heard of this place...except that some people I know did a big promo gig for them.

Luckily, when we got back to the hotel, we all went to my room and played Fluxx while watching the ever-terrible "Batman and Robin".

I'm not on the morning shift, so I go to bed a little late.

No comments: