Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Day 2 of 5 (+): Columbus, GA

As I said, I get to wake up later than the rest of the group. It doesn't do me too much good. I sleep like crap and set my alarm for 9:00 so I can get the free breakfast.

After I get ready, I head down and grab the buffet. It is a typical hotel buffet +. There is a selection of cereals, breads, donuts, bacon and sausage and potatoes and eggs. All of the last four items are typical hotel versions...cold and/or fake-ish. I just get some eggs and bacon and a couple boxes of cereal. I eat, head back to my room, check out, and wait for the morning crew to arrive. They show up and Rich and I head back to the site. Our lines work perfectly. We get to improv a few things here and there. Fun stuff. The staff at the location are friendly and cracking jokes.

I notice that I haven't seen a single bird while I've been here. Not a single one. Think about it. When you go outside, it isn't long until you at least see a pigeon or a seagull (in the city) or maybe something else. Here...nothing...not until later, but I really had to keep a sharp eye out.

We finish shooting around 4:30 and head immediately for the airport. Off to Lake Worth, FL!

Lake Worth, FL: The hotel we are staying at is in the midst of renovations. They got hit hard by the hurricane season, I guess. The sound guy gets issued a room that is occupied. This is the second time this happens. Us four actors hop in the car and head out to eat dinner. We find a place called Long Horns and decide to eat there. Paul and I went to use the restroom and wash our hands. While we're washing our hands we watch someone leave the stall and go right out the door. An employee. We both pop our heads out and watch as this someone goes straight back in the kitchen. Gross. Thank you, Boynton Beach, FL Long Horns, for pooing our food.

We head to the hotel and I find out that Rich and I are on the morning shift. The good news...we're dressing up like Ninjas!

No comments: