Thursday, January 26, 2006

Day 4 of 5 (+): Huntsville, AL

Huntsville was a nice shoot. We had the best hotel of the trip so far. I finally got some sleep.

I was scheduled for the afternoon shoot because Paul and Sarah's script required an employee who needed to leave by 1:00pm. I slept very well until 7:15, then fitfully until 10:00. At 10:30 there was a phone call that I missed. At 10:32 there was a knockin' on my "Do Not Disturb" laden door.

I called down to the front desk for a late check out and they said I was already checked out. I told them that I was right here.

Grabbed some chow at Chick-fil-a. I've only had their food once in Lloyd Center's Food Court, but it was close, and a little chilly out. Caught a cab to the site...here are the directions: Take a right out of the hotel; follow that road; take a left; you're there. I heard that in the morning they didn't find it.

I can't remember what I have said on this subject yet, but I must comment now. We always have two cars. One car is always the director, camera man, and sound guy. The other is us four actors. We always follow the director. Not ONE SINGLE TIME has the drive gone without a last-second exit, missed exit, or fake lane change. Everytime. Always. Even in the situation above of "go down one street and turn on the street you need" got messed up. We've been blaming the director, but the sound guy confirmed that it is the camera guy's navigation.

I don't remember if I commented before because it was a sore spot for us. By this point it is hilarious...even to the director who is doing the driving.

So I'm taking this cab and we pass something I thought was funny. A bar called "Bench Warmers" had a sign that said "SUN: Naughty Girl Contest". Naughty Girl Contest. Not Wet T-shirt or bikini...naughty. Struck me funny.

I got on site and waited a bit for Sarah and Paul's part to be done. We shot our stuff and left around 6:00 or so.

Get to the airport and we're off to Fall River, MA...two hour flight. It was a toss up as to where we would be going. Either MA of VA. Because of that toss up, we discovered on the plane that we had no hotel booked. Luckily there is a plane on the jet and we got someplace close to the airport. WHEW.

When we landed we dicovered that MA was COLD! It was only about 33 degrees but we were just in warm florida two days ago and had forgotten what Chicago feels like. COLD! We find our hotel (with only a minor wrong turn). It is the worst hotel we've stayed in, but it is much better than not having a hotel at all. The rooms were very cold. I had my heat set to 90 degrees and it felt like 55. Luckily, I was scheduled for the morning shoot.

While driving around that night looking for food, we stumbled across a radio station. Hot 106. Hip hop/rap music. Great stuff. Three 6 Mafia's "Stay Fly" was our most referenced song from that point on.

No comments: