Monday, November 09, 2009

The Unthinkable...I'm Astounded.

Deanna and I set our minds to packing light this time around. Normally I have a big duffle bag (that can easily blow away a 50 pound limit), a suitcase, my photography suitcase, and my computer bag. And they all go together awkwardly. Usually I would flatten my backpack in a suitcase and my smaller camera bag as well. This time, I'm just using them and leaving my bigger camera bag and my computer bag here. Maybe that is what was taking up all the space.

You might be thinking it is other stuff, but I have all my stuff packed, with room for minor extras like the clothes we'll launder on Friday. This includes: Snorkel gear, DVDs, hair clippers, and Rance's patented plastic bin of Settlers and Uno. Those take up some space...but not as much.

We're guessing it is all shoes and winter clothes.

Tomorrow is our first official meeting with the full cast. And our last official day to go to our storage unit if we need to.

On the bonus side we dibs'd some sweet stuff from the prior cast in exchange for the duty of making sure it gets back to them. A 19" flat screen, a DVD player, and a Wii. So, we have something to do at night I guess.

Side note. In going through all my stuff I stumbled upon a pair of dark amber "Lennon Glasses" that I may actually wear. I don't have any sunglasses currently that aren't broken so they'll have to do until I can find a new pair in Hawaii. They don't make me feel like a hippy, but like a mysterious yet slightly off professor.

2 comments:

Crump said...

Are there any going away get together things this time around, or has that already happened?

j.c. said...

hair clippers? does someone else think they can cut hair? - j.c.