Thursday, November 19, 2009

Head of the Class

Yesterday we were in Kona and I had a Scandanavian shave ice. The current cast has been raving about it. If I were to sum it up I would call it a glorifired snowcone, but that doesn't do it justice. They have a lot of flavors to choose from and a small is the size of your head. I got the pink lemonade/bubble gum and it was delicious. The ice is so smooth it really is a treat. "But Rance, is there anything that ISN'T a treat about it?" The answer is "Yes. The sarcastic comments from people who are obviously on vacation as well." Granted, this think look huge. One lady gave a disgusted "gross!" right as she walked by me. And as I was processing that a couple passed me and sarcastically said (to each other, but as if they were talking to me) "Would you like some more ice cream, sir?" Douche chill.

Today was the big test. And I mean BIG as in "if you miss more than 30% you can take it again next week. If you miss THAT one...goodbye, we can't employee you." So, it is more stressful than anything else. Up to this point I haven't missed any questions on the other tests. Full 100%. This one was 50 questions and there were a few I took guesses on. It was also so serious in that they have 6 separate tests made up of random questions from the material we cover. They made a pretty big deal about someone last week only missing one question. They also said that if someone gets 100% they get rid of the test.

When we all got done and came back for our grades we found out that Jen and I both got 100%. In your face, test.

From here we have one more in classroom test and then saturday we'll be doing actual fire rescue and water survival stuff.

No comments: