Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6/30/09: Day 247: Istanbul, Turkey Pt. 2

Yikes…early morning. Well, late night combined with a standard morning. We probably got back to the ship around 1:00-1:30am after doing the show and eating with the cast. My camera was full of images and video and so was Deanna’s so we were up later downloading all of that data. I think I went to bed a little after 3:00am with my alarm set for 8:30.

The plan for today was to do our own thing and then meet Koray and Zeynep by Ayasophia (St. Sophia…once a church, now a mosque) at 11:00. Deanna and I didn’t do much before then. We went to the Blue Mosque and that was nice. Our favorite part, after walking everywhere yesterday and the day before, was that we had to take our shoes off and we walked inside on the nice carpet. So soft and comfy.

That gave us just enough time to be at the meeting spot. From there they took us to a cool and shady place next to an old university that served tea, coffee, and water pipes…hookahs. I had some tea and my first apple tobacco hookah. It was actually quite smooth.

Unfortunately we had to be back on the ship at 4:00pm and everyone was itchin’ to make it to the Grand Bazaar before leaving, so Koray took us there and that is where we spent the last of our minutes in Istanbul.

1 comment:

j.c. said...

can you believe all this is happening!!! Wow! - jc