Monday, June 22, 2009

6/22/09: Day 239: Barcelona, Spain

Well, we finally had an overnight in Barcelona. Yesterday Deanna and I were using the internet during the day, went to the ship, and then headed out to meet up with the rest of the cast around 8pm. The only plan I knew of was “meet and go somewhere for food and drinks.” I was focused on the food part.

It turned out that everyone was at the meeting spot, PLUS Tiffini from the Gary Musik company, Rene…Josh’s roommate who was on the previous cruise and knew a friend in Barcelona, AND Jeff and Mary! For this two-week cruise we are scheduled to do a LOT of workshops with adults. So, many that there are also a lot for teens and kids…Jeff and Mary are here to handle those workshops. I’m glad they were there, it was nice to meet new people after 4 months of not.

We walked around the city being lead by Matt who knew where the “good places” were. We found one little square that was packed with people…dirty hippy people. Luckily there was another square about two blocks away. We went there and found a place. I was hungry!

We got food and drinks and chatted with the new people and then headed off…for food and drinks. We were done with the second set of food and drinks around 1:00am and then ended up back with the dirty hippies. It was very “Moulin Rouge bohemian spirit”-esque, but dirtier and hippier. Lot’s of people sitting in circles on the cement drinking beer and smoking and talking. People playing guitars and singing. Dogs. After a little of this Deanna and I headed back to the ship.

If you know me you know I am not a foody and don’t like spending money on meals. The night set me back about E50. Not too bad, for one night. I don’t see how people do it every port and stay out of debt.

We have a celebrity chartering the ship. I’m not gonna say who, but the cruise has a great “look and feel” department that is coordinating everything with their graphic logo and color palate. To the point where as we walked through the port terminal…a place these passengers will only see three times (yesterday, today, and the final day) we noticed that all of the seats there…some 200-300 airport gate row type seats…had been reupholstered in a color that matched the rest of the look and feel and theme and what not. For real. I’ll get a picture. Check my flickr.com.

Today was just getting food and using internet again while we can. I was takin’ care o’ business. We have a 5 minute slot in the Welcome Aboard show…a showcase of what will be happening later in the cruise. That is what we do tonight.

No comments: