Monday, February 16, 2009

2/16/09: Day 114: Port Canaveral

Florida. We went to the mall as usual, only this time I didn’t need to go to the chiropractor and spend $80 on the journey!

We’ve had a minor adjustment on the ship. You may remember from the early posts that this is a newer ship and has a movie system similar to hotels. You got to a menu and movies are almost all around $11.95. Well, they are updating the system so we have three movies that play movies all day. Yesterday Harry Potter III (I think…Prisoner of Azkaban) was on. It played all day until around 8:00pm and then switched to some other movie. BUT, one of the other channels switched to Harry Potter IV. Nice to actually have movies.

“But Rance, that sounds optimistic of you. Anything else?”

Advice for the teenaged girls from New York/New Jersey:
A) If there is silence on a shuttle it isn’t necessarily a request for you to fill it with sound.
B) All the stuff you think is funny, probably isn’t…especially if it is something you’re doing.
C) Since you brought it up, yes, we do all think you’re on crack.

Advice for the mothers of said girls:
A) As you stand nex to me, your clothes smell like cigarettes.
B) As you sigh heavily, because of the length of the 3 mile shuttle trip, your breath smells worse.

Its going to be a tough cruise. Here is a conversation between the above people that sealed the deal.

MOM: What ship is that over there?
DAUGHTER: It isn’t ours.
MOM: I know! But I can’t tell what brand it is, can you?
DAUGHTER: What, do I have Spiderman eyes?!

You know…’cause spiderman can see so good.

Of all the things that went through my head of what to say or do on this shuttle ride the only thing I thought I could get away with…and I don’t have the skill to do this…was to puke on them and pretend it was an accident. Because who can just puke on people at will…no one…well, Spiderman can.

No comments: