Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2/11/09: Day 109: Tortola

Farwell Caribbean. Today was our last port of our last Caribbean cruise. We don’t have much time in Tortola…unless we want to wake up at 7:00am. Today the plan was to meet some of our friends from the Dawn at a restaurant called Pussers at 11am…one hour before we needed to be back on our ship. Jeff and Tim from the Second City cast were supposed to be there as well as Jon-Paul and Roman from the JARs (who were on the Jewel with us).

Deanna and I got there around 10:30 so we would actually have time to eat something. Jeff and Brett showed up around 11:15 because Brett went on a tour of the Dawn for some reason…he was on that ship on his last contract, and there was a mix up with getting him on board. Tim showed up around 11:25 without Jon-Paul or Roman. This happened the other time our two ships were in port together so I wasn’t surprised. Luckily as we headed back in Roman and Sascha (the ballroom dancers from the Jewel) were both hanging out by the ships incase we got back. We only had 5 minutes until we needed to get back on, but it was good to see them.

Our improv show went great. We had a much better turn out than last cruise. Some how I made it into three scenes as a dolphin…as the same dolphin in each one. I think the second time was based on the suggestion that my character was actually a dolphin, so I just kept being the character I was the first time I became a dolphin. Hard to explain.

No comments: