Saturday, May 24, 2008

Spielberg and Lucas: More Bad Movies, Disected

Movies directed by Spielberg that I liked:
Close Encounters, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Hook, Saving Private Ryan, Minority Report, Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal

(there were others on the list that I either didn't care for or didn't see...I didn't see Munich or Amistad(maybe I saw Amistad))

Movies written by Lucas that I liked:
Willow, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars IV-VI, American Graffiti

When you look at Spielberg's work it is pretty diverse and there is a lot of great stuff.

When you look at Lucas' work from the 80s on it is pretty much all Star Wars. He BLEW IT with Star Wars I-III...why are we still letting him try to write sequels to stuff? He gets an idea and milks it too much and with too much space in between.

I have three things to say to lock my case against Lucas' writing and give me the win:
-Jar Jar Binks
-Count Dookoo
-Mutt Williams

Rance wins.

Spielberg? Well...I still like him. Even if he did have crappy lighting...but, c'mon man!

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

good calls,Son. at least we like the same flicks by these guys. I don't pay attention to directors but I like Eastwood, Redford and Costner.