Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Memories

So, before we left for our ship adventure we had to pack up everything and put it into storage. During this packing process we sold a lot of stuff as well as throwing away junk.

I went through all of my cassettes and kept one. A cassette that has been with me for 2/3 of my life at least. I got it as a Christmas present with my first walkman when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure we were even having Christmas at Grandpa Vernie's in Bend. It was the year I started listening to the radio. Music started being more important.

Start trying to guess. What cassette do you think is important to a kid that has some song he heard on the radio?

(continue once you have a guess)

.

.

.

.

.

.

NOPE! The album is Meco Ewok Celebration. Yes, Meco...the group(? guy?) who did the disco versions of the initial Star Wars songs.

Why keep that, Rance? Because it was the first song I memorized (no English) and I STILL remember all of the words of the weird C3PO rap part...I just don't know if I have them in the right order.

So you kept it for one song? No, there's more! There were only so many songs from Return of the Jedi that were repeats of songs from the earlier movies (Imperial March, etc.) so the first side of the tape has Ewok Celebration and Lapti-Nek (a song from Jabba's Palace/Saloon) from RotJ and Main Title, The Land of the Sand People, Princess Leia's Theme, The Last Battle, and End Theme...all from Star Wars. That's just side one.

The other side, just as you would imagine would come with Star Wars songs, has the following:
Nights Are Forever from Twilight Zone: The Movie
Theme from Simon and Simon
Maniac from Flashdance
Love Theme from Superman III
and Themes from Wargames

It is a crazy mix up jubalee that makes no sense...and I'm keeping it. I don't have a cassette player, but I have this cassette.

And, as I typed this, I cannot shake the saxaphone solo from the Simon & Simon theme. It will be in my head for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now i've got the rap part of Ewok Celebration stuck in my head. mom

Tony Rizzutto said...

hmmm - reading this, the tune that pops in my head is "esa mini - desa mini - ewok - ewokimini.

Anonymous said...

goba goba darth vader!