Monday, April 07, 2008

Holy Crap...get me on a ship...or gimme money

So. The cable guy finally showed up. Our landlords told us two things when we moved in regarding cable, "don't let them run new wires." and "don't let them put holes in the wall."

So the guy gets here...he has a think Mexican accent and is very hard to understand. He can't find the connection. He says something I DEFINITELY understand, "I need to get at the wires in the walls to see."

Now, this place that we moved to was rehabbed and all new cable was put in. I was leery about having him go digging, but I also wanted cable. I called our landlord to see if he knew what the problem was. Well, the cable guy opened a panel and found a splitter with no cables attached. That is a problem. He reattached them but still no signal from the outside. We DID have a signal running into our office.

The other landlord is the one who knows the most about the cable in the walls so he is going to check it out...hopefully.

We ended up getting our internet and phone set up in the office, and the cable box activated in the office. Now we just need the signal to go through to where the TV actually is.

In other news, we had writing class today. We had to write two scenes. I think I am much better at coming up with stuff that is visually funny than verbally funny. I'll keep at it. My problem is when I write one draft I call it a day and think that is the end of that sketch.

I love white chocolate.

1 comment:

Jen & Larrance on a Ship said...

The guy had a think accent? I knew you hated smart people!

You don't love white chocolate. Unless by love you mean hate with a white hot passion that matches the whiteness of the hated object.

Oh, no! I lost my think accent!

~Jen