Monday, March 30, 2009

3/30/09: Day 156: Port Canaveral

Just a couple of random thoughts.

I saw Monsters Vs Aliens in 3D today at the mall. I liked it. It wasn’t the best, but it had moments that made me laugh…AND…3D!

Today after our show Deanna and I went to blue lagoon. It is Monday, March 30th. The band was playing some jazzy/bluesy version of The First Noel. I can’t figure out why. Close to easter? Good enough for Christmas songs?

One fun thing about being friends with actors is getting to not miss them while at sea. “What are you talking about, Rance??” I get to see friends in commercials and other stuff. Last year it was mostly Molly and TJ in Sonic commercials, and there have been some of those this year. We’ve also had the added bonus of seeing Molly in a Cheerios commercial, Sayjal and Katie in a Sonic commercial, Thomas in a preview for his upcoming movie (Splinterheads, I think) and in a Netflix commercial…but best of all was Joey in the news on Headline News AND CNN. He plays Rod Blagojevic (I’m not spelling that right) in a play produced by Second City. Well, Rod recently hosted a radio show for a morning and had Joey on for an interview. Because of the news following Illinois’ ex-governor on that day, Joey was on major networks! Well done, all.

Lastly, the only decent thing to watch late at night seems to be Cartoon Network. That being said, the very late night stuff is gear specifically towards pot smokers in that none of it really makes sense. Ridiculous and dumb…yet better than anything on the other channels.

No comments: