Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3/18/09: Day 144: Nassau

One gross!

Really, I have no idea what new has been going on. I bought a nice little PC in Florida on Monday. It seems like we’re always looking for internet. My laptop is old (going on 5 years!) and heavy, low on space, and a little slow. Carrying it around usually means that I am in port strictly for internet. I say that because I am very unlikely to walk around town with the weight on my back.

Well, my new computer is about the sizes of a Harry Potter hardback, and I’m talking about book 1 or 2…not the thicker ones. Plus, it has 3G. I got it for $99 at Radioshack when I signed up for the AT&T 3G network. It will work great in New York, and FL, and where ever I am when we’re home. It will just be useless…as far as 3G is concerned…in Europe. BUT, it has wireless too. So…Win Win.

The only problem is that the 3G has a 5gig/month download limit and I already caught Deanna on it in Florida. RED HANDED!

Everything else is fine. I text dared some CSz folks the other day. I don’t know if I explained text daring before. We started this one day on a drive back from a remote. Unfortunately, it usually means that at least one person is clueless. Not that it is at that person’s expense…it just seems to them that everyone is behaving oddly/”like improvisers.”

I usually try to combine my dares so that the single dares are harder, For instance, one time Martin had a bag of M&Ms. I dared Tamara to steal the bag unnoticed. When she succeeded I dared Martin to constantly offer Josh M&Ms. Also I had dared Josh to only refer to Martin as “brutha.” Once I see those in effect I dare Tamara to sneak the M&Ms back unnoticed. So Martin is trying to find his M&Ms to offer them to Josh. Josh is saying stuff like “It is okay. I’m not hungry, brutha.” And Tamara is trying to distract Martin so she can put the M&Ms back.

In Florida I did the following (since I wasn’t sure who was around who), just to give you an idea of how my mind works:

Sam: Dare: Work “Order up! Ding ding!” in to 5 of your next 7 sentences
Tara: Dare: Yell “1, 2, 3, FART CONTEST!” and look like you’re trying really hard to win
Rich: Dare: Ask a stranger where the nearest 5 & Dime is. If they don’t know say “what’s the date…THE YEAR!?”
Martin: Dare: Turn around 180 degrees, point and exclaim “Pretty sneaky, Sis!” regardless of whether there is a person there or not.

Those are all pretty close to what I texted. Sam was the only one who dared back “Use something as a toothpick and comment to a stranger about how well it works.”

It’s more fun if you’re actually there to watch the dares.

2 comments:

jasonjyee said...

Depending on the build of your aspire one, it may have a sim card slot behind the battery... which means you'd be able to buy a prepaid sim card in europe and use the 3g there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10565951@N06/3140548823/

hooray for global standards (GSM)... which is why AT&T and T-mo are awesome.

Rance Rizzutto said...

It totally does! sweet