Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If You Haven't Already Figured It Out

Life is more constant and less noteworthy now. I spend most of my weeks catching up on projects for photography, scheduling headshots, going to rehearsals, coaching rehearsals, performing, or buying coffee. Rinse and repeat.

I recently updated my headshot website (www.rancerizzutto.com). The headshot gallery now has been split into male and female.

Big news, eh?

Deanna and I will be doing our two person show...89% chance it will be Silent Treatment...on 7/9 at iO...11pm. It's part of the Better Half series that they are doing while TJ and Dave are on summer break.

If you don't know what Silent Treatment is, we don't talk. We have music that inspires silent scenes. There was a two person show contest called the Dual Duel last year, and we won. It is a really fun form. We try to listen to the music as little as possible if at all before the show so it is a surprise to us. Usually Deanna gives me 15 minutes of songs and I pick 15 minutes of songs and mix them together. From there I only listen to the beginnings and ends to get rid of excess dead air.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANY PERFORMERS WHO HAVE WORKED ON THE NCL JEWEL. Looking for nostalgia? If we end up doing Silent Treatment (89% chance) it will be to the Cirque Bijoux soundtrack. Excited? You should be. I just have to make sure it will be loud enough on the iO sound system.

In Other News:
ABC...home of America's Funniest Home Videos (my favorite show)...is now more awesome. Last night they debuted two shows that are great.

1) Wipeout. Basically a huge obstacle course with mud and water and people getting hurt. There is a show on Spike called something like Maximum Extreme Challenge...it is a Japanese show where people are doing these same things, but dubbed in english (which makes it more funny). Wipeout is that show without the dubbing. Still good. I hope that it later airs in Japan with Japanese dubbing over the English.

2) I Survived a Japanese Game Show. 10 people arrive at LAX get on a bus that takes them from the national terminal to the international terminal. They then find out they're going to Japan...and that is all they know. Their first full day they get a "tour of Tokyo" and go to a famous TV studio. They all walk in to find out they're part of a Japanese Game Show called Majide. Hilarity ensues.

Both shows look great and the first episodes were hilarious. One of my favorite parts of AFV is when you see a lady getting ready to go on a rope swing. Especially if that lady is overweight. See, in that lady's head she may remember being on a rope swing 20-30 years ago...so her head says "yeah, I remember this. All I gotta do is pull myself up and hold on. This is EASY!" But the shy quiet part of her head that gets ignored is saying "umm, you weigh 170 and don't have any upper body strength. You weighed 65 pounds and you were 10 last time you did this."

So, at the end of the first elimination challenge they had to swing on a rope swing...this is after doing three things that pretty much were impossible and meant you would fall in mud and have to lug your way out. This one lady. Older...overweight...tired...pretty much held onto the rope and fell immediately, but she still was holding the rope. A slow slide down the take off ramp and into the water she went.

Good work ABC.

I have some old photos I'll probably have put up that should show up below in older slots.

No comments: