Sunday, June 01, 2008

All Together Now (All Together Now)

On Thursday my parents arrived. That day consisted of meeting up with all of us at Giordano's before they came to check out a ComedySportz show. Giordano's promptly brought out all of their food and as they did the waiter said "and you had the chicken parm sandwich" in a way that told me "I'm just now remembering that you ordered food too."

Our call was at 7:00. My sandwich wasn't there by 6:30 so I told him to take it off the check and not bring it. It would have been too much food to have that close to a show.

We did a fun show with fun people. I invited a ton of people to come so the house would be full. Two people showed up, but two people who are important to me...so it was all good. One of the hardest things about being friends with nothing but performers is that we all perform...so it's hard to go to someone else's show if you're also doing a show.

Friday was "photo day". We had planned to go to Millenium park and take photos, but it was rainy and windy. I took a few pictures inside a hallway in the Cultural Center (no photos allowed in the exhibits). At least we got a pic or two.

Seana and Jason took off that night. We got them to the train to go to the airport since they were leaving at the start of rush hour.

The rest of the weekend was walking around or just hanging out.

It was good to see all the family again. Rare. And it wasn't even Christmas or anything!

1 comment:

Tony Rizzutto said...

did a lot of walkin' and a lot of eatin'. My back did a lot of achin'. Deanna is a great tour guide if anyone needs one. I got some great pics of the fountain and a cemetery (I use to work for one and was amazed at the money that must have been spent for giant memorials) Enjoyed riding the "ER" train and the comedy shows (although I struggled to find "comedy" in one - just like in the movies) But Hey! we all enjoyed being together after 3 years.