Friday, June 09, 2006

The "F" is for "Finally!"

Part two.

I didn't wait the full hour to call back. When I called the computers were up.

I presented my case and said I would like my Cingular account closed, AND my AT&T account that it would revert to closed with no cancellation fee. Here was the CSR's clever retort, "Ok."

I wasn't expecting it to be that easy.

One thing I forgot to mention was that I wanted to keep the number to be "ported over" (tech talk) to whatever other service provider I picked. THIS is where she needed to get a manager. She reinstated my phone service with a note saying "Customer will return phone today, waive the cancellation fee". We'll see if that holds true. Just to be safe, before I called them I went online and cancelled my automatic payments. This way they can't just charge a cancellation fee to my bank, they have to bill me...and I can say no to that.

So, mission objective 3: T-Mobile BlackBerry deal. Good ole Rico Diablo is diabolical about finding great deals. One he stumble across involved the BlackBerry: 1000 anytime minutes with unlimited email and text messaged. Email and text is where I was getting extra charges with Cingular so I was in. I went to the store he told me to and Boooooo. They were out of the phone I wanted. So I started talking plans. He says he's never heard of the plan.

I call Rico and ask for the plan details. He confirms them. I tell him my dilema. Rico, the mastermind, says "go to [another nearby location] and see if they have the phone...actually, have the guy there call them to check."

That I did. They had plenty BlackBerry 7105's. Off I went.

I did some masterminding of my own and told the person helping me I left a pamphlet in my other pants that mentioned the deal. She said "Sure!" and hooked me up.

Not only did I get service for myself, I set up Deanna. We now have T-mobile. We now have phone service in our house! And I have one of those Lt. Uhura ear pieces!

PS...all of this traveling was on bike! Jim would be proud...well, he SHOULD be.

No comments: