Friday, June 09, 2006

The "F" in Phone

I just got effed. I have Cingular...but not regular Cingular...the Cingular that AT&T turned into. I stuck with my old AT&T plan and Cingular just took over the billing. Well...over the last 3 months my signal has started to suck ass. Deanna called in and found out it is because they are taking down the old AT&T towers. I called as well and confirmed.

So, I researched phones and finally picked the one I wanted. I got a Pocket PC from Cingular. I'm still on AT&T contract until September so I figured if I went Cingular I wouldn't have to deal with any cancellation fee hassle.

So I got a phone, signed up, even had them check the service in my area and it said "High" but right near a patch of not so good.

Well. I got home and I have the same shitty service. So, I went back and said I wanted to cancel and return the phone. Joni (the lovely lady who helped me...no sarcasm, she really was great) said I would have to call in to make sure they don't charge me fees. If I return the phone it would revert back to my AT&T plan, but it would take 10 days to get that up and running. If I go to T-mobile (which I am going to) and keep my number, it automatically cancels my plan and I get charged fees.

So I go outside the store (where I DO get a signal) and call to cancel. After holding awhile I get through and ask first to cancel my automatic billing (incase they try to charge me a fee...easier to not pay a bill and keep talking to a manager than to just find out they autobilled it). She says "Our system is down right now but I can answer any general questions". To which I reply "All I have are specific questions." "You should try calling back in an hour."

Bah. So that's where I am. Waiting.

No comments: