Thursday, June 21, 2007

No vegeance...let's clean.

So, we leave this apartment soon. Well...in three months, but it requires putting everything in storage. When I say "everything" I mean "whatever is left" because I'm trimming the fat. As I have been digging through plastic tubs of stuff I had to keep I started finding things that I only look at when I open the tubs. One of these things is a box of cassette tapes.

I'm fairly up-to-date on my technology. I still have CDs because I have a CD player, but I rarely listen to anything not iPod contained. So, I'm looking at these cassettes and the answer is clear. I'm never going to listen to them. There was a part of me that wanted to convert them to CDs somehow but it isn't worth the effort. I'm currently trying to convert my VHS tapes to DVD and it's not working well...but I never use a VCR anymore and I want to be rid of it.

CLEANING UP SHOP!

Other things I'm getting rid of. Art supplies. Hulk Hands. Books. Anything that takes up space that I don't need.

Things that made the cut: My great-grandpa's pipe cleaner, an orange bandana of my moms, a scorpion my dad killed in Hawaii when I was a baby (it is in a decorative mold and I'm a scorpio), a saphire ring from my grandpa, a note my grandma sent to me at camp with treats and $10 (just the note remains), and other little trinkets.

As far as the identity theft thing goes. Apparently it was caught in time. The consensus is that someone used my info to do a "get a free iPod" promotion. For those promotions you usually have to do five things through specified vendors and then you get the iPod. One of those vendors? Sirius. Buy a Sirius radio and you're one step closer to your free iPod. So they use my credit card, send the radio to me, and they get credit for that purchase. They also tried to use some car auction place and ordered some phonics learning package from Scholastic.

I have a friend who used to work in the field of finding these things out. Apparently it usually stems back to Russian or Chinese Mafia. But all is well now.

So, that's it. Cleaning house and doing shows and taking headshots.

No comments: