Saturday, November 04, 2006

Birthday Bash!

Today is my birthday. PS. Thanks to I think my aunt and uncle for the e-card...I'm pretty sure it is from you guys, but not totally sure.

Today started off like any other day...with a ComedySportz remote show. Deanna was out of town on a gig and came back before I got back. She got me an awesome present. It's a pedometer, but it's GPS. Regular pedometers are about 60% accurate. GPS is much more. It tracks your exact distance, your speed, and even has a thing to track your heart rate. All of this data is saved and can be uploaded to your computer. So if I run the same exact path three days in a row I can compare speed and heart rate. It's awesome. I haven't used it yet because it's cold out...but I will soon.

Deanna made my favorite dinner and then took me out with some friends to a Korean Karaoke place. I'm not even really sure what the place is called because the sign was in Korean...but it is one of those places that has separate rooms that you rent and sing karaoke in.

There were 11 of us (exceding the max capacity of 9). Joey, Rich, Martin, Tara, Sam, Dave, Jen, Gillian, Steph, Deanna, and myself.


One of the fun parts of the experience was that some of the songs had a weird background going on...like a travel video almost...it would inspire us to change lyrics sometimes as you may notice in one of the videos below.



My biggest challenge of the night seemed to be picking a song they had on file. You would look through the book, find your song, then enter the number of the song on a remote. You could queue upto 12 songs. It worked out for me that my song would get to the #1 slot and then say "Disc in use, pick another song" which meant pick another song for the #12 slot. "Ghostbusters" was my nemesis...as was "We Built This City". Neither were available.



Later in the evening I noticed that the books of songs were not orderly. I found another "Ghostbusters" under a different number, and another "We Built This City". Ghostbusters worked. We Built ended up being a song in Korean that I just made up words to.



It was a blast. We were there for about 2 hours and I would easily go back again. Below you'll find the singing styles of Tara and Martin. I recorded them on my small camera...they only record as AVI, which youtube has trouble syncing up...so the audio doesn't match the background too well. But they're fun. THANKS EVERYONE WHO CAME AND SENT WELL WISHES! I am truely blessed and surrounded by Awesomers...practicers of awesome.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - It was us, all right. I just forgot the part where you sign your name. I'm glad it was a good birthday... Carol and Mike

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ranceypants! We miss you back here in the Stumptown floodlands.

Love T+J

PS
You're the birthday.

PS3
Haircut is on our MySpace page and you're in it. Stakeout will be up soon and you wrote it.

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday! sorry i missed it, rance!