Friday, August 18, 2006

Well...

I got Shanghai'd. I'm on a pirate ship being used as forced labor now...but they have WiFi.

I took the potion, but all it really did was taste bad. Not so bad that I couldn't drink a cup of it, but bad enough that I don't feel the need to drink or brew more of it. Oh well.

Who needs Chinese Potions when you have Snakes on a Plane! A bunch of us went to see this movie last night at a special pre-screening. I was apprehensive. I didn't care much. Last time a group of us got together to see a movie it was Redeye. Everyone was saying "this will be so fun!" and "we can do bits!". Well that movie sucked and everyone was silent...no bits. I walked out of Redeye about 15-20 minutes into it. It was terrible because they tried to play it too real for a semi-horror genre. I earned a reputation that day. No one could believe I walked out. I've sat through crappy movies before (read, Eyes Wide Shut) and wished I would have gotten up. So, in Redeye I did, and I felt great.

I was getting that vibe in the planning of the Snakes on a Plane event. I didn't even say I'd go. But Deanna said she was going and wanted to know why I wasn't going. I had ComedySportz last night as well, and the movie started at 10:00...CSz gets over around 9:30-9:45. Rich and I drove like we were in Tokyo Drift to get there. We only missed about 10 minutes and they had saved seats for us.

We made it. The difference between Redeye and Snakes on a Plane...the latter new it was cheesy and pushed that angle. There were so many stereotypical characters and scenarios...it was great. And that was before the snakes even came out.

I guess it helped that everyone there was psyched about the movie, and shouting out jokes was welcomed well.

See this movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see that motherfucking movie. last night at the improvacadio we had a suggestion of 'snakes on a plane: part 2'. it was a great scene. full of mf bombs.