Saturday, December 05, 2009

Just In Case

So we're coming on the end of our first "normal" week. No rehearsing all week long, no tests. Why "Just In Case"? Because we are heading into rocky waters with a near guarantee of "worse." Knowing how ship gossip flies around I'm guessing our waves will get up to 20 feet high tonight. Double that number and you have the latest gossip.


It is 5:00pm as I write this and we have a show at 10:15, so THAT could be interesting.


Earlier this week Deanna and I went to Sport Mart in Kona and bought tennis racquets. The previous cast was really into tennis so we figured we'd give it a try. Mike, Deanna, and I headed up to the courts of the Ritz hotel in Kauai and paid $10 to use one of their courts. We're all at a very beginner stage so getting the ball back and forth was the only accomplishment we were shooting for.


As far as buying the racquets I feel like I was at a major advantage. Each racquet was boasting to be lighter than others. When I was growing up tennis was a quick stint in the standard Jr. High PE class. If we had a racquet we were supposed to bring it in. Luckily my mom played tennis at some point in her life or my parents took up tennis. Whatever the case, I was honored by the selection of my choice between two heavy wooden racquets. That is all I've ever known. So, based on my muscle memory, every racquet in that store was far lighter than anything I was used to.


We hear it is getting cold in the other states. Chicago had snow, Portland dipping down into the 20s. The inner-ship AC is trying to rival that so I'm usually in jeans and a hoody when we're indoors.

No comments: