Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wichita, KS

I've been in Wichita, KS since Monday. I leave tomorrow (Friday). There really isn't a lot to do here.

Luckily I have a rental car, and I caught a cold on the plane. So I mostly hang out in my hotel room or drive around looking for a new place to eat.

There is a freak winter storm (in spring) that is hitting a huge area. It snowed last night and will be cold tonight (for Wichita).

I finally got to eat at a Sonic. Molly is in tons of commercials for Sonic, and they play on cable everywhere. I've seen them in Chicago, I've seen them in Portland. But there are no "Sonic" restaurants in those areas. So, I ate there two nights ago. Pretty good.

Last night I decided to try out a place called Spangles. Fast food with the slogan "It Just Tastes Better." THAT'S A LIE! Their food was crap! DON'T EAT AT SPANGLERS! GROSS!

I've been doing these corporate trainings for a major communications company. They're pretty good. I'm doing two a day this week and 3 a day for three more weeks in other cities. Luckily there are some breaks for fun stuff, but I'm pretty into the product and don't mind upselling it.

I'd rather not be sick though.

Ahhhh, airline travel. Tomorrow I get my chance to pay it forward to some other non-ill passenger.

No comments: