Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Days 12 & 13: Beloit, WI

My dad emailed me for the ending to this epic adventure. Apparently my life is Harry Potter-esque...except there's no magic or school or dead Dumbledore's (if you didn't know this, keep up...c'mon).

Not a super eventful ending to the adventure. Beloit, WI. I like to pronounce it "Bloit". It was far enough away that we needed to leave Wednesday night and shoot all day Thursday. The drive was not in a corporate jet...it was in Rich's car. Pretty standard...a few rounds of 21 questions.

It was snowing the day we left. Nothing major...minor accumulation. It was the kind of snow I like...you look outside, you see snow, that song from A Charlie Brown Christmas when they're ice skating starts playing in your head.

We get to Beloit. It is still kind of snowing...but it's 12 degrees. Twelve. Degrees. Ugh.

We wake up early the next morning and head over to the main office. We had to shoot our opener and closer of the whole piece. All of the other stuff we were shooting was the stuff that went in the middle. It took us until about 7:00. I was sooooo hungry by the time we were done. I was so hungry I felt like I was going to throw up. We stopped at some place...Ruby Tuesdays? Our server had a thick Wisconsin accent...so that was fun. We were pretty out of it from a long day. We got back and I was done.

The other three have one more shoot. Tomorrow as a matter of fact.

It was fun times. I may have a different gig in March for a different client, but no video stuff.

Oh, on the way home, Dumbledore died. The End.

No comments: