Thursday, December 08, 2005

Snow...a lot of snow.

Holy crap! So here's my day today. It snowed a couple of days ago. Not a lot, but enough that there was still a light covering on non-roads.

So, today, I go to ComedySportz for a remote show call time of 11:45am. I'm driving. The show isn't until 2:00pm, but we need to do sound check. Everything goes fine. The show happens. During the show I glance through a crack in the curtains to see a lot of snow coming down outside. A lot. We get done with our show around 3:00 and go to get our stuff and head out. The people we did the show are telling us that the next thing on the docket for them is a cruise on a boat. We laugh. They weren't kidding. Did I mention it was snowing?

Tara was on the remote and she was hosting rehearsal for our sketch group at 4:00pm. It was about 3:40 when our car came back from vallet. And there was snow. The drive was slow going and we got to Tara's around 4:05. Still snowing.

I park right in front of Tara's building and go inside. I'm in a sketch group who's working name is sort of like Black Angus, but we haven't settled on an actual name yet. The cool thing is none of us have day jobs, so we can rehearse during the day. Nights get filled up quick with rehearsal schedules and shows, so it is nice to have the daytime freedom. I'm there until 6:00pm. I come outside to the car...it is snowing. There is about 2 inches on the car.

I drive home with my awesome driving skills in time to eat a sandwich before a photo shoot at 7:00pm. Deanna left for a ComedySportz show right as my stylist, Monique, called me. Deanna said "is that Joe saying ComedySportz is cancelled?" No. It wasn't. She walks to ComedySportz. Monique shows up. About 10 minutes later Beau, the person I was shooting, knocks on the backdoor. I thought it might have been Deanna and that she forgot her keys. I don't know how he got to the backdoor, but he did. You have to walk through a spooky alley to find the backdoor.

About 30 minutes after he got there, Deanna actually DID come home. They cancelled the show right as she got there.

At 10:00pm I went outside (still snowing) with a ruler. 10.5 inches. Snow, ladies and gentlemen.

Tomorrow morning I will be standing on a street corner handing out fliers for 2 hours...this should be interesting.