Tuesday, August 09, 2005

RIP Ferny...Long Live Ferny!

Ever since I have known Deanna there has been a fern in our lives. The first one, from her marriage, died in the heat of the summer sun at the house we lived in. It was called "Ferny". As it was dwindling in death, Deanna cut away the dead parts and said it would bounce back...that it had done so before. Well, she cut EVERYTHING away. There was nothing green to absorb sunlight. We had a flower pot with roots and dirt.

It was time. We replaced "Ferny" with "Ferny", a fern. That Ferny made the trek to Chicago in the back of a Penske and was doing pretty good...until we went to Maine. It was hot while we were gone. Either the guy watching our place or the subletters who came later had neglected Ferny the gift of water...and then totally douced her with it. I trimmed away the dead parts remembering what Deanna had done. Five green branches remained. Not enough though. Ferny is dead.

Yesterday I went to a local plant and flower store and bought Ferny...a fern. Long Live Ferny!

Oddly enough, the woman helping me had only worked there 4 days and once she saw my name on the credit card she recognized me...she is Sam Super's girlfriend, Stacey. We had only briefly been introduced around Sam, and they park in the same parking lot as us...so it was kind of nice to meet meet her.

On a side note, I found a cool flash program for displaying photos that I will be using on my main website soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have plenty of ferns in maine. You can have them. They ruin the yard!!!

-declan

Rance Rizzutto said...

Great...even blogs can get spam.