Friday, August 05, 2005

Here today gone tomorrow...

Ahhhh...the beginning of the month.

This is the time when many people are moving. We've had a lot of turn over at our apartment this month. It might have something to do with the new leases, or it might just be time for some people. A pleasant surprise for us was that the neighbors above us moved out.

I like to call them the Heavyfooters. Deanna and I are under the impression that none of them sleep...and we know for sure they are solid walkers. This would normally lead me to the conclusion that they are hefty people, but long ago when I lived in Beaverton, OR in an apartment on the third floor, my neighbor would seemingly stomp loudly on the stairs walking up to the apartment. I assumed this neighbor I had never seen weighed about 285. When I finally caught a peek one day as I heard the approaching stomps, I was surprised to see a 4'11" petite Asian girl. I never did see our upstairs neighbors for sure, but I heard them walking...a lot.

In the midst of moving somethings get left behind.

Wednesday night as I rode off on my bike, headed for a 10:00pm rehearsal, I noticed a nice purple couch sitting on the sidewalk. So nice that a homeless guy was just sitting down to enjoy it. It had rained a little and was starting to rain again, so couch was a little damp...but under a tree that protected it from some of the drizzle. I wonder if I would have remembered the couch if the homeless man hadn't just been starting to get comfortable.

Needless to say, the next morning the couch looked like this:




What really caught my eye as I saw this was a little pile of trash right next to it. It looked, at first, as if someone had dumped out random pieces of junk and left them. But a small figurine had been painstakingly set in an upright position...a princess looking over her land of refuse.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For realz, that last picture is inspiring. The story is kickass and I love it all.

-declan