Monday, October 05, 2009

Rance Prepares

It is almost time again, everyone. Soon I'll be back on a ship, sailing for at least 4 months. This time, Hawaii!

Because it is a ship that is only in US waters we have to go through some extra training and actually become Merchant Marines. We've had medical tests, drug tests, got finger-printed, and when we get on the ship we'll have a week of safety training (CPR, First Aid, Fire rescue, etc). So, EXCITING!

I went back and reread some of my entries in July to see if I mentioned the above yet. I noticed that I had said I was looking for my ironing board on one of those days. I JUST found it today. It seemed like a good day for going in and rearranging the entire storage unit so I could actually find the stuff I needed and get the crap we wouldn't need out of the way...like the big chair right in the entry way of the storage unit.

It is also getting colder and our radiator heat finally turned on today. WARMTH!

No comments: