Monday, January 22, 2007

Pressure

Deanna came back from Portland with many stories. Some of which involved that more of her friends read my blog than I thought. This one in particular is for the Scott family...and a little part for Julie (not my mom, but Deanna's friend).

A) Julie, that cat book is ridiculous in a good way. Thanks.
B) Linda and Bryant, I heard you did a mean Rance impersonation as far as 7-11 coffee runs go. Today I bought a coffee maker.

Those who know me know I used to LOVE pepsi, and that I've quit it many times. This last time I discovered it wasn't the caffeine I was addicted to so much as the sugar/high fructose corn syrup. I've only had soda a few times, and it was 7-up or Sprite, and usually on an airplane. I have started drinking coffee with raw sugar...usually at 7-11.

I would go to 7-11 and buy a coffee because it is right across the street, and if I wanted more I would have to go back and go through the process again. I didn't want a coffee maker because I didn't want a half pot of coffee left over in the house...that would mean I would drink more than I really needed. But today I thought it would be cheaper in the long run, and I found the perfect brewer. A black and decker that comes with two travel cups and brews right into one or both of them using separate grounds. So if I like one type of coffee and Deanna likes another kind, we can both brew 16oz of our favorite coffee into a travel cup at the same time and roll. It's perfect...except that I bought foldgers to see if I would like it (hoping I would because it was cheaper...but it tastes like crap).

So...I have coffee power!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deanna was in Portland? :-( Waaah...I didn't know. -- Gretchen

Anonymous said...

It was really great seeing D while she was home.

Oh wait.

Heh.

I feel your withdrawl sir. I recently weened myself off of my 6-pack a day addiction to Diet Coke. And I'd love to hear more about the musical program at SC. As you know, I'm a bit gay for musicals.

Farts,
T + J

tara d. said...

hold on, folgers? can we get real? what's next, sanka? i'm getting you guys some mothaf*ckin' real junk.